Google Calendar invites not showing up in Outlook (Office 365)

We cannot figure out how to configure our DNS to resolve the problem of not seeing google calendar invites from our suppliers/vendors/partners. Does anyone know how to help resolve this problem? We have searched the forums for Google and Microsoft and there are hundreds of people with this problem, but we are unable to find a suggested fix. Help :slight_smile:

Did you look at this?

I’ve read through that but can’t seem to figure out what I should do? I’ve got a customer who is set to p=reject and so our calendar invites don’t get to them. And our DNS entries are all set up properly except for this case, and I can’t figure out what I’m missing on our side that would let the emails get through to them. Any advice would be quite welcome :slight_smile:

The FAQ says

Q: How do I get my google calendar alerts to pass DMARC?

A: You must set up a DKIM record at google._domainkey.your-domain-name

But I’ve done that: Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

So I’m not sure what I’m missing…

Hi Big Ethan,

I think that I can see what is causing the issue! Although MX toolbox says the record is correct, and other checkers do too I think that there is still an issue with your dkim record.

I had the same issue and this how I fixed it.

First of all take a look at the dkim record with this site DKIM Key Checker – protodave
you will see this
“v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAlpv9H0FpVdHQZhynTc7jAEwsIqoH8iqBG05VSe3Xnxl58kLDxYJGwF3uIjv+Y/M2iaWkRYKCSJZCsWPSvZhnvJSB5nZtFZwCbyFVJ6Am1oHy1CtPpe2fJFzZxL6VfnrmTTUIm/ToH98Iidwa6GTZYBSO0qOeZXI6kY4PR0CzDutGBymcqxSV5mlmqYgSQs38b” “FfinjpZKEQbhxo/RfASlVTOyIZCH87BzadNkDPUn5ks1VrA4v5tioEsNudGgu+tiuCnx3GW8f5sNQljudJkizkXVK5csuSDtxtq3qaQZnRn8blxlWB1r9qwEHWidgdHTEDof+PhZuqIKF16GiiGeQIDAQAB”

The record has been split half way. You will see s38b" followed by "Ffinjp

Go back to Cloudflare and make it a single line by getting rid of those inverted commas.

Let me know how it goes.

Heya beekeeper,

I’m not sure that’s the issue? I took a look at the the DKIM for the domain you’ve listed here and it also has that quote break:

google._domainkey.bbka.org.uk. 300 IN	TXT	"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEApMk4CAFY35AYi3OHPRIP3cCLMI6Hc0vNi4SMsKn9dv5Zc/FdAq51Ek2YVaFgpWN0JJ9gphor6kq1nXSI+tw6jLW5UsPA8vYe2rFFBOzDyajrplA7cibBgdDXM9dkVZ51l7EXRQn+FNEOFH08ZLZglMr+JL44wdjpZg4+I8VblL/rVbwmAUNCtdvtLjAZv20vU" "UPo/hObUB3QsmbZoOYX4CZo/58x5MgbImngLW7KFO9F1eYT/XRaYlDi2XELNOdMCeWc7t+CFByN4OQnZrkWNlCzeymnxRDKwAbFrgONE2P+dDfo+yEqJyheEsQUhjooMQkamxpzbqwjkPI9QKCgLQIDAQAB"

As do other domains that I’ve checked that I know are using google for email (e.g. nytimes.com). DKIM entries that don’t specify rsa are all in a single line, but the ones that do all seem to have that break.

What was the domain that you were working with when this change fixed the issue?

followup: when I look at the domain in our DNS manager that break is not there, so it seems like it’s something that’s out of my control

-E

Hi Ethan,

This was my dkim record which prevented me from sending google calendar invitations:

“v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAlsaRE6dLmaL6kQMWn/Q4p/94l8i1wJSbSVDeYmnAC3QuxWhF1DzEnSVdBJoa1VsHRWRwT7qUD4+TNNVP3Y+XBXqZapnb/JQtrIQmf3R3BJ5sq1tAtZb6Ney+q3qqvdDDmuYoKTJLr08zUdRoojmGeJLHO7YTUjo+hcmdQ”"/6UeF8TysNmg0XNF4dUrMBiQtwIEFExSRGGzvqxnr/9XTihe5R+QBYmbmnFnuQulyR4cgRVel+jSKux4yOJftPW8ZRgYaXcSGa+ogmwAGb12BaFsfP5Jg8jekV+hKBpLt8r990K8ZwuIAkHa3aFowhr/lV4yOwg3zCuafFM6Ek1ia08ywIDAQAB"

I changed it to this and all was well:

“v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAlsaRE6dLmaL6kQMWn/Q4p/94l8i1wJSbSVDeYmnAC3QuxWhF1DzEnSVdBJoa1VsHRWRwT7qUD4+TNNVP3Y+XBXqZapnb/JQtrIQmf3R3BJ5sq1tAtZb6Ney+q3qqvdDDmuYoKTJLr08zUdRoojmGeJLHO7YTUjo+hcmdQ/6UeF8TysNmg0XNF4dUrMBiQtwIEFExSRGGzvqxnr/9XTihe5R+QBYmbmnFnuQulyR4cgRVel+jSKux4yOJftPW8ZRgYaXcSGa+ogmwAGb12BaFsfP5Jg8jekV+hKBpLt8r990K8ZwuIAkHa3aFowhr/lV4yOwg3zCuafFM6Ek1ia08ywIDAQAB”

I was using Cloudflare for dns and sure enough the line break was present there.
Here is the before and after from the dmarc data

Looking at bbka.org.uk via a text record lookup

The gap is not there…maybe protodave is presenting it with a break.

Okay, as an acid test you could try a 1024 bit key. This will be shorter and hopefully no opportunity for a line break to be introduced - okay we haven’t proved that is the cause but it may help to rule this out.

Fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers: