Is Dmarcian Forensic reporting actually working?

Hi,

When I first setup DMARC on our sending domains, I had the RUF sent to a mailbox I created for monitoring, and received a few forensic reports in the couple of weeks I had it set like that.

I’ve been with DMARCIAN for over 3 months and haven’t received a single Forensic report.

I’m going to change our RUF back to my own mailbox to check if we do still receive them , but thought it worth mentioning that I’ve not had 1 via DMARCIAN.

Hi DFA,

Without seeing if the record is properly set up, there is another reason why this may be. The great majority of reports do not send failure reports. The below link explains it in more detail.

This may change in the future as the conversation about making failure reports safe for both processors and reports continue. If you believe there is an issue, don’t hesitate to reach out to support@dmarcian.com.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
Yeah, am aware lots dont send forensic reports these days due to the privacy concerns.
Just seemed odd that when my RUF was set to RUF_AT_mydomain.com we received maybe 2 or 3 a week.

I then changed my record to both RUF_AT_dmarcian (sic) and RUF_AT_mydomain.com (semicolon seperated) and haven’t had 1 since.

Any changes I make to my record are always checked via a couple of DMARC checkers just to be sure.

The only other change I’ve made is policy=none to policy=quarantine with pct increasing by 5% each week.
I wonder if the policy change had any effect?

As I say, I’ve set our RUF back to just mydomain.com to see if I do start receiving them again.
Just though it something worth checking beyond the standard “most don’t send them”.

Thanks for responding though.
Will let you know if I do start receiving them to my 1 mailbox again.
Cheers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much !!

AYM