How to identify quarantined messages?

Will messages quarantined by DMARC have any distinguishing features? Or will they look exactly like all other spam messages?

On the Best Practices: Advancing Your DMARC policy page it says… “messages to a consumer-oriented mailbox (eg. gmail, hotmail, yahoo) these messages will be routed to the recipients own spam folder” …and also that those sent… “to a business-oriented mailbox (eg. Microsoft 365, Google Workgroups, Mimecast) these messages may be routed to a quarantine holding area managed by their IT staff” …and that… “At no time will you have access to either of these environments.”

What if you are the Google Workspace Administrator? (I’m assuming Google Workgroups is a typo.) As the Google Workspace Administrator, will I have the ability to see quarantined messages for the entire workspace? Or, as my users are all using Gmail, will the quarantined messages simply go to their individual spam folders?

That answer depends on how the email provider quarantine administration works. While I am a Google Workspace admin, we use a third-party hosted spam quarantine in front of the Google Workspace tenant and not the Google spam folder. If you don’t receive an answer here, the question may be better directed at Google support resources.

1 Like